Now that we’ve officially entered the era of “straight talk,” I thought it would be appropriate to provide a bit of my own on the topic of outsourcing IT services. I’ve boiled it down to five key points. Why it's always five, I have no idea!
Anyway, here are my top five most discussed reasons why you should consider outsourcing your IT services to a Managed Service Provider (and I mean Istonish):
1. Having quick access to timely, expert help is critical to keeping the lights on and getting $#*& done!
Sometimes organizations hit a limit in their depth of knowledge and headcount. Hiring a professional MSP can cost-effectively get you through a tough spot and give you an edge.
2. It helps ensure a healthy work/life balance for your team - so they don't burn out and leave you high and dry.Recruiting and retaining good IT talent is one of the biggest challenges that all industries face. The good IT pros have a lot of flexibility and options when looking for a good fit organization. You want them to choose your team. But under resourced teams can experience overwhelming volume which leads to burn out. When that happens, the good people leave which is very expensive, disruptive, and inefficient.
3. To reduce risk and give you "peace of mind" so you can actually enjoy an uninterrupted weekend or go on a real vacation from time to time (imagine that!).
Outsourced IT Managed Services is like an insurance policy. Network outages, database failures, security breaches, or even simple password resets almost never happen during the day when you have everyone available to fix problems. They usually happen at night or over the weekend - or when you're on vacation. And when that happens, it's usually you (or someone on your limited team) who has to get out of bed in the middle of the night or log in from the beach to calm the waters and get things moving again.
4. Helps with top-line revenue growth, increases speed to market, and makes you look like a superhero.
If you can help control expenses, your company can get an upper hand with product development and competitive pricing. It also help the company focus on core business objectives, like sales, service delivery, customer engagement, and other revenue generating activities.
5. Helps you not only handle the "tablestakes," but also knock out some really cool, strategic projects like building that time machine you've been talking about.Hiring an MSP to share the IT burden can "free up" resources so you can shift your budget savings to strategic IT projects that normally get deprioritized because of the need to get the basics done.
The fact of the matter is that nobody can do it all. Most managers have limited budgets, are short handed, and few can afford to hire experts to cover all of their IT needs. That's where an MSP can help. Because we support many different customers, we have the ability to hire experts in all areas of IT and our clients have access to them on a fractional basis whenever they need them.
Let us know if you are interested in speaking with our team. We'd love to help you get $#*& done!